This course covers all the Tableau Desktop fundamentals required for new and intermediate Tableau users. It starts with simple visualizations and moves to an in-depth look at the different chart and graph functions available, calculations, parameters, mapping and other functionality.
The course is provided with a data scenario and hands-on exercises covering all course content, and providing the opportunity to visually analyze data, build Interactive Dashboards and share them with others.
You’ll learn how to:
• Connect to your data
• Edit and save a data source
• Understand Tableau terminology
• Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
• Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
• Build dashboards to share visualizations
Chart types covered:
• Cross Tabs
• Pie and bar charts
• Geographic maps
• Dual axis and combo charts with different mark types
• Heat maps
• Highlight tables
• Tree maps
• Scatter plots
Instructor: Tore Levinsen
Tore Levinsen is the only certified Tableau instructor in Norway.