This five-day course will teach you how to plan, configure, and manage the advanced features in a SharePoint 2016 environment.
The special areas of focus for this course include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, and Microsoft Business Connectivity Services. This course also focuses on social computing features, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features. Students also will learn about business intelligence solutions, Enterprise Content Management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps.
This course also covers how to develop and implement a governance plan, and how to perform an upgrade or a migration to SharePoint 2016. This is the second in a sequence of two courses for IT Professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
• Module 1: Introduction to SharePoint 2016
• Module 2: Introduction to hybrid scenarios for SharePoint 2016
• Module 3: Planning and designing for business continuity management
• Module 4: Planning and implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
• Module 5: Configuring productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment
• Module 6: Managing solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment
• Module 7: Connecting people
• Module 8: Planning and configuring web content management
• Module 9: Planning and configuring Enterprise Content Management
• Module 10: Planning and configuring business intelligence solutions
• Module 11: Planning and configuring work management and productivity
• Module 12: Upgrading and migrating to SharePoint 2016
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the core SharePoint 2016 architecture and its new and improved features
• Describe the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016
• Plan and design a SharePoint 2016 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery
• Plan and implement Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
• Configure and manage productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment
• Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment
• Plan and configure social computing features
• Plan and configure web content management for an Internet-facing environment
• Plan and configure Enterprise Content Management in a SharePoint 2016 deployment
• Plan and configure business intelligence solutions
• Plan and configure work management, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features
• Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016
Målgruppe for kurset
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Before attending this course, students must demonstrate the following skills:
• At least a one-year experience of mapping business requirements to both logical and physical technical designs.
• Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
• Software management experience in a Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2016 environment.
• Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
• Administering IIS.
• Configuring AD DS for use in authentication and authorization, and as a user store.
• Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 2.0 or later.
• Connecting applications to SQL Server.
• Implementing claims-based security
Eksamen / sertifisering
This is the second in a sequence of two courses for IT Professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.