C and C++ Secure Coding - Connect2Classroom. To put it bluntly, writing C/C++ code can be a minefield for reasons ranging from memory management or dealing with legacy code to sharp deadlines and code maintainability.
Yet, beyond all that, what if we told you that attackers were trying to break into your code right now. How likely would they be to succeed? This course will change the way you look at your C/C++ code. We´ll teach you the common weaknesses and their consequences that can allow hackers to attack your system, and more importantly best practices you can apply to protect yourself. We give you a holistic view on C/C++ programming mistakes and their countermeasures from the machine code level to virtual functions and OS memory management.
We present the entire course through live practical exercises to keep it engaging and fun. Writing secure code will give you a distinct edge over your competitors. It is your choice to be ahead of the pack - take a step and be a game-changer in the fight against cybercrime.
Participants attending this course will:
• Understand basic concepts of security, IT security and secure coding
• Realize the severe consequences of unsecure buffer handling
• Understand the architectural protection techniques and their weaknesses
• Have a practical understanding of cryptography
• Learn about XML security
• Learn about typical coding mistakes and how to avoid them
• Be informed about recent vulnerabilities in various platforms, frameworks and libraries
• Get sources and further readings on secure coding practices
C and C++ developers, Software Architects and Testers
• General C/C++ development