Nikolai Lockertsen, Lead Art Director and Concept Artist, teaches you the incredible power of creating your own Procreate brushes on the iPad. Learn how to add naturalistic detail missing in most other programs and create stunning art. Begin learning today!
Nikko takes you on an amazing, creative journey with your iPad as your new sketchbook. He guides you step-by-step, revealing how to get the most out of this inspiring new method of creating art. They say a craftsperson is only as good their tools. Nikko teaches you how how to create stunningly naturalistic brushes from which you can create your artwork. He then demonstrates the power of these new brushes with some detailed concept art.
Highlights from the course include:
• Build your own brushes from scratch
• Using the vast library of presets provided by Procreate
• Detailed explanation of all the possible brush settings
• See the brushes in action with a practical drawing demonstration
• 01. Introduction
• 02. Exploring the key brush settings
• 03. Looking at alternative uses for Grain and Scale
• 04. Creating 4 shapes for use when making new brushes
• 05. Using the shapes to create an airbrush and a soft texture brush
• 06. Creating the other 3 brushes in the collection
• 07. Demonstrating the different brushes by creating some concept art
• 08. Adding light, shade and final details to the concept art
Sign up now and get immediate access!
Instructor: Nikolai Lockertsen
This course is held by one of the world’s leading Art Directors - Nikolai Lockertsen. Nikolai works as an Art director, Concept Artist and Matte Painter in the movie and TV industry. He has an impressive career behind him, having worked on such movies as “Troll Hunter”, Oscar-nominated “Kon Tiki”, “Max Manus” and “The Mortal Instruments”, to name but a few. He regularly works with Hollywood Director Harald Zwart and continues to develop his art to stunning new levels. He is often travelling between movie locations and international film studios, and his iPad always travels with him.
Målgruppe for kurset
This course is structured for students with an intermediate knowledge of Procreate. A basic understanding of the interface and tools is recommended.
Here is the list of items you will need:
• An iPad - list of compatible iPads here. (Nikko uses an iPad Pro)
• ProCreate iPad app (iTunes)
• Touch-screen pen for the iPad, (Nikko uses the Apple Pencil)
"Nikko’s laid back commentary, technical ability and artistic sensitivity combine to make a highly watchable video series."