Nikko walks you through the creation of "Looking Out", revealing which tools and techniques he uses to create this futuristic scene. Download the custom-made brushes he used, follow along, and create your own atmospheric piece.
Nikko takes you on an amazing, creative journey with the iPad as your sketchbook. He guides you step-by-step, revealing how to get the most out of this inspiring new art tool. Starting with a blank canvas and ending with a stunning, richly detailed artwork, this course is a step-by-step look at how Nikko constructs one of his images. He narrates the complete process and gives us an insight into his thought processes. He also reveals tips and tricks that you can use to get more out of your artwork.
Highlights from the course include:
• Setting up simple, but powerful perspective helpers to create an environment with believable depth
• The complete process of creating an artwork with detailed commentary by Nikko himself
• Tool tips and techniques you can use immediately in your own artwork
• Exclusive downloadable brushes created by Nikko, the complete uninterrupted timelapse video, and more!
• 01. Introduction
• 02. Setting up perspective helpers and planning the layout
• 03. Blocking out the basics of the image
• 04. Adding base colour and adjusting it with the Curves tool
• 05. Adding light and atmosphere to create mood and depth
• 06. Bringing the scene to life with light and details
• 07. Using Curves to adjust the lighting, and creating rich detail
• 08. Creating the robot boy character looking out
• 09. Making final colour and mood adjustments to give the image a cinematic look
Sign up now and get immediate access!
Instructor: Nikolai Lockertsen
This course is held by one of the world’s leading Art Directors - Nikolai Lockertsen. Nikolai works as an Art director, Concept Artist and Matte Painter in the movie and TV industry. He has an impressive career behind him, having worked on such movies as “Troll Hunter”, Oscar-nominated “Kon Tiki”, “Max Manus” and “The Mortal Instruments”, to name but a few. He regularly works with Hollywood Director Harald Zwart and continues to develop his art to stunning new levels. He is often travelling between movie locations and international film studios, and his iPad always travels with him.
Målgruppe for kurset:
This course is structured for students with an intermediate knowledge of Procreate. A basic understanding of the interface and tools is recommended.
Here is the list of items you will need:
• An iPad - list of compatible iPads here. (Nikko uses an iPad Pro)
• ProCreate iPad app (iTunes)
• Touch-screen pen for the iPad, (Nikko uses the Apple Pencil)
Uttalelse fra fornøyd kursdeltaker:
"Nikko’s laid back commentary, technical ability and artistic sensitivity combine to make a highly watchable video series."