Nikolai teaches you the secrets of fantastic character design using Procreate on the iPad. From rough sketch to final detail, he reveals his process step-by-step, creating several characters using different approaches and techniques. Sign up and start today!
Nikko takes you on an amazing, creative journey with your iPad as your new sketchbook. He guides you step-by-step, revealing how to get the most out of this inspiring new method of creating art. Building on from the basics, Nikko takes you through the course step-by-step in an easily accessible and understandable way. Bringing characters to life on the page is about more than just being able to draw.
You will learn how to breathe life in to your character using a variety of techniques that has led Nikko to being a highly sought-after Concept Artist for movies, games, and TV. He shows you tips and tricks for making characters that will jump off of the page and in to your next big creative project!
Highlights from the course include:
• The complete process from rough sketch to final detail
• Creating several characters using different style and approach for each
• Handy tricks to get the most from Procreate’s powerful tools
• Layer modes, Transform tool, Adjustment Curves, and more
• 01. Introduction
• 02. Starting "Character 1" with a rough sketch outline technique
• 03. Refining "Character 1" by adding colour, light, shade and details
• 04. Defining "Character 2" outlines using an inked comic book look
• 05. Adding colours and tones to "Character 2" and adjusting with the Curves tool
• 06. Starting "Character 3" with a strong silhouette and adding basic lighting on top
• 07. Adding details over the "Character 3" silhouette using different layer techniques
Instructor: Nikolai Lockertsen
This course is held by one of the world’s leading Art Directors - Nikolai Lockertsen. Nikolai works as an Art director, Concept Artist and Matte Painter in the movie and TV industry. He has an impressive career behind him, having worked on such movies as “Troll Hunter”, Oscar-nominated “Kon Tiki”, “Max Manus” and “The Mortal Instruments”, to name but a few. He regularly works with Hollywood Director Harald Zwart and continues to develop his art to stunning new levels. He is often travelling between movie locations and international film studios, and his iPad always travels with him.
Målgruppe for kurset
This course is structured for students with an intermediate knowledge of Procreate. A basic understanding of the interface and tools is necessary.
Here is the list of items you will need:
• An iPad - list of compatible iPads here. (Nikko uses an iPad Pro)
• ProCreate iPad app (iTunes)
• Touch-screen pen for the iPad, (Nikko uses the Apple Pencil)
"Nikko’s laid back commentary, technical ability and artistic sensitivity combine to make a highly watchable video series."