At this workshop, you will learn a classic approach to portrait drawing. During 2 days of intense theory and practice, you acquire a solid foundation for your art. We will draw exclusively from life and not from photo references. We will invite a model and use plaster casts to study.
Portrait drawing might seem too complicated. It is always that “oh, no, it’s beyond my level” thing. Well, it is difficult and it requires lots of knowledge. However, it is manageable. Successful portraits are not some sort of magic: it is a result of a certain method.
We will study:
• Major proportions and overall shape of the head
• Bone structure
• Basic and secondary planes of the head
• Perspective in drawing the head
• Structure of the eyes, nose, and mouth
• Value relationships on a subject and in your drawing
• To capture the effect of the light and make a portrait appear 3-dimensional
All course materials are provided for you. We provide tea, coffee, wine, and snacks.