Portrait drawing might seem too complicated It is always that “oh, no, it’s beyond my level” thing. Well, it is difficult and it requires lots of knowledge However, it is manageable. Successful portraits are not some sort of magic: it is a result of a certain method.
At InspiraNorge we teach a classic / traditional approach to drawing, which is a sequence of steps that you can apply for anything not just portraits. During the course, you acquire a solid foundation for drawing people.
You will learn:
• Major proportions and overall shape of the head
• Bone structure
• Basic and secondary planes of the head
• Perspective in drawing the head
• Structure of the eyes, nose, and mouth
• Value relationships on a subject and in your drawing
• To capture the effect of the light and make a portrait appear 3-dimensional
To do this you will need to relearn how to see since there is a big difference between seeing and looking. We will draw exclusively from life and not from photo references. We will invite a model and use plaster casts to study.
All course materials are provided for you