We offer online course about Modern distributed systems with gRPC in ASP.NET Core 6. gRPC is a high-performance, cross-platform framework for building distributed systems and APIs.
It’s an ideal choice for communication between microservices, internal network applications, or mobile devices and services. With the release of ASP.NET Core 5, Microsoft has added first-class support for creating gRPC services. This workshop will help you get started building, deploying and managing gRPC servers and clients on multiple platforms.
• ASP.NET Core 6, gRPC, Protobuf, Visual Studio, .NET CLI, Docker, Kubernetes, services meshes, monitoring, distributed tracing.
Day 1 - Building gRPC applications in ASP.NET Core:
• Introduction to Protobuf and gRPC
• gRPC in ASP.NET Core 6
• gRPC servers
• gRPC clients
• Request / reply services
• Streaming services
• Bidirectional streaming
• Migrating WCF applications to gRPC
Day 2 - Security, Deployment and Observability:
• gRPC’s security model
• Channel authentication with TLS
• Call authentication with tokens
• Running gRPC services in production
• Service mesh (using Linkerd as an example)
• Observability and monitoring
• gRPC Health checks
• Distributed tracing
Speaker: Mark Rendle, Chief Everything Officer
Mark is the founder of RendleLabs, which is really just him playing with .NET Core, Docker, Azure, microservices and so on and then teaching other people about it and helping them build clean, stable, scalable solutions. He's been getting paid to do what he loves for nearly 30 years now, and still worries that somebody's going to notice and make him stop.
Attendees will be expected to be familiar with .NET and C#
Bring a laptop with the following installed:
• Visual Studio 2022 or JetBrains Rider EAP or VS Code
• .NET 6
• Docker Desktop with Kubernetes enabled