ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager - virtual. Build your test management skills. Move into a more senior role as a testing professional. Plus, benefit from our free exam revision sessions. Are you looking to move into a senior role in testing? Accredit your test management skills!
This course is designed for experienced testing professionals looking to move to a test management role. Gain advanced skills for managing test teams to deliver successful software testing projects. In this interactive course, you’ll learn the practical application of risk-based testing and test management tasks including planning and estimation.
You’ll also learn how to manage stakeholders, form test teams with the relevant competencies and skills to ensure effective resourcing and undertake test process improvement initiatives. Accredited internationally, the ISTQB® Advanced Test Manager certification is widely recognised as a best practice qualification providing the boost needed to advance your testing career.
• Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes
• Organise and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions
• Create and implement test plans consistent with organisational policies and test strategies
• Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives
• Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders
• Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources
• Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team
• Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected
• Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders
• Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives
• Test Management
• Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
• Testing in the Software Lifecycle
• Risk-based Testing
• Team Composition
• Test Documentation
• Test Tools & Automation
• Analysis and Design
• Implementing and Execution
• Defect Management
• Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
• Test Improvement Process
The prerequisite for this course is the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate and it is suggested that candidates have at least 3 years testing experience, ideally in a lead role. It is designed for:
• Test Team Leads and Test Managers wanting to improve their test management skills
• Experienced Testers wanting to progress into a test management role
• Test Managers wanting to accredit their test management skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers
Eksamen / sertifisering:
The exam is not included in the training. To book exam time please contact our test center.
About the exam:
The Foundation Level exam comprises 65 multiple-choice questions, with a scoring of 1 point for each correct answer, a pass mark of at least 65% and a duration of 180 minutes (or 225 minutes for candidates taking exams that are not in their native language). Please note you need to hold the ISTQB Level Foundation Exam to take this test.
Instructor: Rachel Whitney
Rachel Whitney is Senior Trainer who trains many testing and agile courses, to individuals that want to understand more about industry best practises. After spending nearly two decades working and training in the testing space for a number different organisation which include companies in the gaming, utilities and finance industry. Rachel knows what truly works well for any team to achieve a good quality tested product.
She has lead test teams using traditional software development lifecycles and has be involved in guiding and coaching teams adopting Agile methodologies. Her passion is to ensure her training classes are filled with a fun and are a relaxed environment to learn something new. With her wealth of experience of she can relate the material that is being taught to real world examples. She is great at keeping a class focused and has recently been told she is the ‘Test Entertainer’.