If you are getting started with programming and you are aiming to use C# and .NET, then this is the course for you. The course explains essential programming concepts and object-oriented techniques, and explores fundamental C# syntax in this context.
After attending this course, you will be ready to start writing simple C# and .NET applications. You will also be well prepared for the C# 7 Development course, which dives deeper into C# syntax and .NET APIs.
What you will learn:
• Fundamental programming concepts
• Essential C# syntax
• Object oriented concepts
• How to implement OO in C#
• High-level introduction to the .NET Framework
• Types of programming languages: Structuring programs: Some simple code examples.
Getting Started with C# and .NET:
• Overview of C#: Overview of .NET: Compiling C# code at the command line: Using Visual Studio to create and build a simple console application.
Core C# Syntax:
• Basic syntax rules: Getting started with C# variables: Going further with C# variables: Getting started with C# operators.
Flow of Control Concepts:
• What is flow control: Making decisions: Making loops: Putting it all together to create algorithms.
Flow of Control in C#:
• Writing if and if-else statements: Writing switch statements: Writing for and for-each loops.
Writing and Calling Methods:
• What are methods: Defining and calling methods: Parameters and return values.
Introduction to Object Oriented Concepts:
• What is OO: Abstraction via classes: Encapsulation: Inheritance: OO design
Classes and Objects in C#:
• Defining a simple class: Namespaces: Fields, constructors, methods, and properties: Creating new objects: Static members: A quick overview of some useful classes in .NET
Arrays and Collections:
• Creating a simple array: Overview of generics: Creating simple collections and dictionaries: Overview of collection operations.
• What is inheritance: Defining subclasses and superclasses in C#: Polymorphism
• Overview of delegates and lambdas: Exceptions: Interfaces
High-Level Tour of the .NET Framework:
• Creating a GUI application: Creating a web application: Creating a REST web service: Database access.
Målgruppe for kurset
Students that are completely new to C# and Object-Oriented Architecture
• The course does not assume prior programming experience