Learn how to design a cloud-based data warehousing solution using Amazon RedShift. In this course, you will learn concepts, strategies, and best practices for designing a cloud-based data warehousing solution using Amazon Redshift, the petabyte-scale data warehouse in AWS.
We will demonstrate how to collect, store, and prepare data for the data warehouse by using other AWS services, such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, and Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). We will also explore how to use business intelligence (BI) tools to perform analysis on your data.
In this course, you will learn to:
• Evaluate the relationship between Amazon Redshift and other Big Data systems.
• Evaluate use cases for data warehousing workloads and review real-world implementation of AWS data and analytic services as part of a data warehousing solution.
• Choose an appropriate Amazon Redshift node type and size for your data needs.
• Understand which security features are appropriate for Amazon Redshift, such as encryption, IAM permissions, and database permissions.
• Launch an Amazon Redshift cluster and use the components, features, and functionality to implement a data warehouse in the cloud.
• Use other AWS data and analytic services, such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, and Amazon S3, to contribute to the data warehousing solution.
• Evaluate approaches and methodologies for designing data warehouses.
• Identify data sources and assess requirements that affect the data warehouse design.
• Design the data warehouse to make effective use of compression, data distribution, and sort methods.
• Load and unload data and perform data maintenance tasks.
• Write queries and evaluate query plans to optimize query performance.
• Configure the database to allocate resources such as memory to query queues and define criteria to route certain types of queries to your configured query queues for improved processing.
• Audit, monitor, and receive event notifications about activities in the data warehouse by using features and services such as Amazon Redshift database audit logging, Amazon CloudTrail, Amazon CloudWatch, and Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS).
• Prepare for operational tasks such as resizing Amazon Redshift clusters and using snapshots to back up and restore clusters.
• Use a BI application to perform data analysis and visualization tasks against your data.
Program day 1)
• Course Introduction
• Introduction to Data Warehousing
• Introduction to Amazon Redshift
• Understanding Amazon Redshift Components and Resources
• Launching an Amazon Redshift Cluster
Program day 2)
• Choosing a Data Warehousing Approach
• Identifying Data Sources and Requirements
• Architecting the Data Warehouse
• Loading Data into the Data Warehouse
Program day 3)
• Optimizing Queries and Tuning Performance
• Monitoring and Auditing the Data Warehouse
• Maintaining the Data Warehouse
• Analyzing and Visualizing Data
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
• Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
• Hands-On Labs
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
This course is intended for:
• Database architects
• Database administrators
• Database developers
• Data analysts
• Data scientists
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
• Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials (or equivalent experience with AWS)
• Familiarity with relational databases and database design concepts