This course looks at advanced ASP.NET Core techniques and API features. The course is aimed at developers who are comfortable with core ASP.NET MVC development and need to round off their knowledge. We will take a particularly keen look at the new techniques features available in ASP.NET Core.
You will learn:
• Advanced controller and view techniques
• Using platform features
• Creating robust and reliable MVC solutions
• Implementing OWIN middleware components
• Creating full-duplex web sockets solutions
• Implementing security
• Developing and deploying Azure solutions
• Controller techniques: Defining filters: Implementing compression: Model binding techniques.
Client and Server Platform Features:
• Caching: Globalization and localization: HTML5 semantic tags: HTML5 accessibility: Search Engine Optimization
Error Handling, Logging, and Monitoring:
• Getting started with code contracts: Using code contracts: Handling errors: Implementing logging and monitoring
• Understanding web sockets: Defining a web sockets server: Defining a web sockets client: Using SignalR
Implementing Middleware components:
• Overview of the HTTP pipeline: Overview of OWIN: Implementing OWIN middleware components: Advanced techniques
Designing and Implementing Security:
• Overview of authentication: Implementing Windows authentication: Implementing forms authentication: Implementing OAuth authentication.
Additional Security Techniques:
• Implementing claims-based authentication: Managing data integrity: Implementing a secure site: Identity Server 4.
Windows Azure Development:
• Windows Azure concepts: Windows Azure architecture and components: Creating a cloud service application: Running a cloud service application.
Deploying Services to Azure:
• Web Deploy using Visual Studio: Web deployment packages: Command-line tools for Web Deploy: Deploying to Windows Azure.
• 3 - 6 months experience in ASP.NET MVC
Instructor: Andy Olsen
Andy is a freelance consultant and instructor based in the UK, working mostly in the City of London and Oxford. Andy has been working with .NET since the Beta 1 days and has extensive experience in many facets of .NET development including WCF, WPF, WF, ASP.NET MVC Web development, and mobile applications. Andy has designed and written many Microsoft Official Curriculum courses in the last decade, and has been engaged as author and technical reviewer with Apress on some of their biggest selling books.