When Microsoft introduced ASP.NET, they revolutionized Web development. The clean separation between Web design and code-behind implementation classes brings some much-needed structure and discipline to Web applications, and gives full access to the power of the .NET Framework class library.
This course takes a close look at ASP.NET and includes the latest features in ASP.NET 4.5.
Introduction to ASP.NET 4.5:
• Evolution of ASP.NET Web development: Websites and Web Projects: Designing Web pages in Visual Studio 2012: Understanding code-behind files: Running/debugging a Web application.
Understanding Web Forms:
• Adding controls to a Web form: The ASP.NET event model: Web Forms processing stages: Overview of View state: Understanding requests and responses.
Using ASP.NET Server Controls:
• Types of server controls: HTML server controls: Web controls: List controls: Validation controls: ASP.NET 4.5 validation features: Rich controls: Strongly-typed data controls: Model binding.
Asynchronous Web Applications:
• Asynchronously reading and writing requests and responses: Asynchronous HTTP handlers and modules.
Defining Themes and Master Pages:
• Overview of themes and skins: Using style sheets with themes: Creating and using master pages.
Implementing Navigation Support:
• Programmatically connecting pages: Defining a sitemap: Displaying a sitemap.
The ASP.NET Application Model:
• Application lifetime: Handling application events: Understanding web.config.
• View state: Query strings: Cookies: Session state: Application state.
Defining User Controls:
• Overview of user controls: Creating a user control: Adding code to a user control: Using a user control in a Web page.
Defining Server Controls:
• Overview of server controls: Creating a server control: Defining adaptive rendering: Extending existing Web controls.
Introduction to Data Access:
• .NET data providers: Connecting to a database: Connection strings in web.config: Executing a query: Processing a result set: Overview of DataSets.
• Single-value binding: Data source controls: Selecting and updating records: Rich data controls: LINQ: Data services: Model binding.
Client-side Scripting and Ajax:
• ASP.NET AJAX: jQuery: Script libraries and server callbacks: Accessing services.
ASP.NET MVC 4:
• Overview of ASP.NET MVC 4: Controllers and actions: Creating and customizing views.
• Caching fragments of Web pages: Data caching: Configuring caching: Defining cache dependencies.
• What are Web Sockets? Implement Web Sockets in ASP.NET: Client-side interactions using HTML5.
Målgruppe for kurset
Developers who want to develop Web applications for the .NET 4.5 platform
• 3 - 6 months experience in C#. Familiarity with Web development is an advantage.
Eksamen / sertifisering
This course can be used as part of your preparation for Microsoft Exam 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.