The ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation training course is designed to help participants understand the basic concepts and principles of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701.
Moreover, during this training course, students will learn more on the structure of the standard including its requirements, guidance and controls on the protection of the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) principals and the relationship of the standard with ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002.
After completing this training course, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass it, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation certificate proves that you have comprehended the fundamental methodologies, requirements, guidelines, framework and managerial approach.
• Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of a privacy information management system (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701.
• Identify the relationship between ISO/IEC 27701, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks.
• Understand the approaches, standards, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and management of a PIMS.
Day 1) Introduction to privacy information management system (PIMS) concepts as specified in ISO/IEC 27701
Day 2) Privacy information management system (PIMS) and certification exam
• Individuals involved in information security and privacy management
• Individuals seeking to gain knowledge on the main processes of a privacy information management system
• Individuals interested in pursuing a career in privacy information management
• Individuals responsible for personally identifiable information (PII) within organizations
• Information security team members
• There are no prerequisites required
English course material, English speaking instructor
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. For more information about ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to Certification Rules and Policies.