DO288: Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications. Hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift! This course enhances understanding of containers as a key technology for configuring and deploying applications and microservices.
As the second course in the OpenShift development track, this offering will teach you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications to an OpenShift cluster.
Whether you’re writing container-native applications or migrating existing brownfield applications, you’ll learn how to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform, a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2.
Course content summary:
• Manager and trigger application build
• Customize an existing source-to-image base imag
• Create an OpenShift template
• Create health checks to monitor and improve application reliability
• Create and deploy a Jenkins pipeline for continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Create and deploy cloud-native application for OpenShift
• Enterprise application developers
• Site reliability engineers
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
• Complete the DO180: Red Hat OpenShift 1 - Containers and Kubernetes, or have equivalent knowledge
• Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
• English course material. English speaking instructor
This course leads to the EX288: Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
All Red Hat trainings have been converted to virtual training!
All Red Hat open enrollment trainings have been converted to virtual training until 30 June 2021. Please choose your required date from our schedule on the right side. See how it works:
Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
Deploy applications using various application packaging methods to an OpenShift cluster and manage their resources.
Design containerized applications for OpenShift
Select a containerization method for an application and create a container to run on an OpenShift cluster.
Publish enterprise container images
Create an enterprise registry and publish container images to it.
Manage building applications
Describe the OpenShift build process, in addition to triggering and managing builds.
Customize source-to-image builds
Customize an existing S2I base image and create a new one.
Create applications from OpenShift templates
Describe the elements of a template and create a multicontainer application template.
Manage application deployments
Monitor application health and implement various deployment methods for cloud-native applications.
Implement CI/CD pipelines in OpenShift
Create and deploy Jenkins pipelines to facilitate continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) with OpenShift.
Build cloud-native applications on OpenShift
Create and deploy cloud-native applications on OpenShift.