Nikolai Lockertsen is a master of perspective. In this course he explains in detail how to use it successfully. Nikko introduces Procreate´s incredibly powerful Perspective tool, and shows practical examples of how it can be used.
Nikko takes you on an inspiring, creative journey with the iPad as your sketchbook. He guides you step-by-step, revealing how to get the most out of this powerful new art tool. Starting with a blank canvas, Nikko creates perspective guide lines using Procreate’s in-built tools and then shows how to use them in real world examples. 1-point, 2-point and 3-point perspective examples are explained through multiple sketches. Nikko completes the course by building up a complete concept sketch of a farmhouse using the techniques introduced through this course.
Highlights from the course include:
• Multiple practical examples of how perspective works
• Tool tips and techniques you can use immediately in your own artwork
• Exclusive downloadable brushes created by Nikko for this course
• 01. Introduction
• 02. Using the perspective guide tool, and 1-point perspective
• 03. An introduction to using 2-point perspective
• 04. Using the more dynamic 3-point perspective
• 05. How to deal with a horizon line outside the canvas
• 06. Tips and tricks for displaying the perspective lines differently
• 07. Creating a farmhouse concept sketch from guidelines to completed image
Sign up now and get immediate access!
Instructor: Nikolai Lockertsen
This course is held by one of the world’s leading iPad Artists - Nikolai Lockertsen. Nikolai works as an Art director, Concept Artist and Matte Painter in the movie and TV industry. He has an impressive career behind him, having worked on such movies as “Troll Hunter”, Oscar-nominated “Kon Tiki”, “Max Manus” and “The Mortal Instruments”, to name but a few. He regularly works with Hollywood Director Harald Zwart and continues to develop his art to stunning new levels. He is often travelling between movie locations and international film studios, and his iPad always travels with him.
Målgruppe for kurset
This course is structured for students with a basic knowledge of Procreate. An understanding of the interface and tools is recommended.
Here is the list of items you will need:
• An iPad - list of compatible iPads here. (Nikko uses an iPad Pro)
• ProCreate iPad app (iTunes)
• Touch-screen pen for the iPad, (Nikko uses the Apple Pencil)
"Nikko’s laid back commentary, technical ability and artistic sensitivity combine to make a highly watchable video series."