This course covers more advanced Tableau Desktop skills required for Tableau users who wish to take their skills to a higher level so that they get the most out of their data.
It starts with a review of four visualizations and moves to an in-depth look at data sources, calculations and table calculations, parameters, comparing measures against a goal, geocoding and advanced mapping, distributions, trends and forecasting, dashboards with filters, actions and parameters and dashboard design best practices. The course is provided with a data scenario and hands-on exercises covering all course content, and providing the opportunity to visually analyse data, build Interactive Dashboards and share them with others.
You’ll learn how to:
• Build advanced chart types and visualizations
• Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
• Use statistical techniques to analyze your data
• Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values
• Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
• Prep your data for analysis
• Combine data sources using data blending
• Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins
• Make your visualizations perform as well as possible using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods
• Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices
• Implement efficiency tips and tricks
Instructor: Tore Levinsen (Licenced Tableau instructor)