Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH) v2.0 is a 5-day instructor-led training course, designed to help students prepare to plan, configure, and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions for campus environments using the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture.
These skills are validated in the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching certification, a professional-level certification specializing in the routing and switching field. This course is a component of the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching curriculum. This course is designed to give students a firm understanding of how to manage switches in an enterprise campus environment. This training class reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the hierarchical campus structure, basic switch operation, use of SDM templates, PoE, and LLDP.
• Implement VLANs and trunks, explain VTP, implement DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 environments, and configure port aggregation.
• Implement and optimize the STP mechanism that best suits your network: PVST+, Rapid PVST+, or MST.
• Configure routing on a multilayer switch.
• Configure NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, and port mirroring, and verify StackWise and VSS operation.
• Implement first-hop redundancy in IPv4 and IPv6 environments.
• Secure the campus network according to recommended practices
Målgruppe for kurset
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
• A network professional who will need to correctly implement switch-based solutions given a network design using Cisco IOS services and features. The typical job roles for this type of professional are network engineers, network operations center (NOC) technical support personnel, or help desk technicians.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
• Any individual involved in network operations and support
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this curriculum are as follows:
• Describing network fundamentals
• Establishing Internet and WAN connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
• Managing network device security
• Operating a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree.
• Troubleshooting IP connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
• Configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP and OSPF (IPv4 and IPv6)
• Configuring devices for SNMP, syslog, and NetFlow access
• Managing Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and licenses
It is highly recommended that this course be taken after the following Cisco courses:
• Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 Version 3.0 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 Version 3.0 (ICND2), or
• Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices: Accelerated v3.0 (CCNAX)
• English course material, English / Norwegian speaking instructor
Eksamen / sertifisering
This course is part of the following Certifications: 300-115 SWITCH Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks.