This course has been designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to implement and manage security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set and Cisco Switches.
Students will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions to mitigate outside threats and secure network zones. At the end of the course, students should be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications and provide detailed operations support for Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and Router security appliance features.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these overall objectives:
• Understand current security threat landscape
• Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec
• Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls
• Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls
• Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT)
• Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT)
• Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection.
• Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters
• Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW)
• Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy
Målgruppe for kurset
• Network Security Engineers
This section lists the skills and knowledge you must possess to benefit fully from the course. This section includes recommended Cisco learning offerings that you may complete to benefit fully from this course, including the following:
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
• English course material, English / Norwegian speaking instructor
Eksamen / sertifisering
This course leads to the certification: 300-206 SENSS Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions.