The focus is on user interface, menus, preferences, modeling, handling of loads, fundamental analysis and interpretation and documentation of results. We combine theoretical lectures with demonstrations and practical exercises on relevant examples.
After the course, participants will be able to independently find their way in the RSA and use it as a 3D modelling tool for structural analysis. Participants will also be aware of the more advanced analytical methods that RSA offers and how RSA can be used in a BIM solution by communicating to other modelling and analysis tools.
We recommend participants interested in using the concrete and / or steel design in Robot to take the Steel and Concrete courses as well and point out that it is possible to take them right after the basic course.
• Introduction to Robot Structural Analysis
• Modeling of beam and shell type elements
• Definition and changing of loads
• Manual and automatic load combinations
• Linear analysis vs non-linear analysis
• Meshing possibilities and limits
• Offsets and rigid links
• Use of Claddings for load distributions
• Beam end releases
• Viewing results graphically and in table formats
• Modelling of a complex beam to column connection
Included in the course: Lunch, coffee, course material and documentation, CD.