Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is THE cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and anyone supporting a software development team´s efficiency and effectiveness.
The Professional Scrum Master class introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed. The focus on the Scrum Master role includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership and behavioural shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and scaling Scrum.
• Scrum Basics – What is Scrum and how has it evolved?
• Scrum Theory – Why does Scrum work and what are its core principles? How are the Scrum principles different from those of more traditional software development approaches, and what is the impact?
• Scrum Framework and Meetings – How Scrum theory is implemented using time-boxes, roles, rules, and artifacts. How can these be used most effectively and how can they fall apart?
• Scrum and Change – Scrum is different: what does this mean to my project and my organization? How do I best adopt Scrum given the change that is expected?
• Scrum and Total Cost of Ownership – A system isn´t just developed: it is also sustained, maintained and enhanced. How is the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of our systems or products measured and optimized?
• Scrum Teams – Scrum Teams are self-organizing and cross-functional: this is different from traditional development groups. How do we start with Scrum teams and how do we ensure their success?
• Scrum Planning – Plan a project and estimate its cost and completion date.
• Predictability, Risk Management, and Reporting – Scrum is empirical. How can predictions be made, risk be controlled, and progress be tracked using Scrum.
• Scaling Scrum – Scrum works great with one team. It also works better than anything else for projects or product releases that involve hundreds or thousands of globally dispersed team members. How is scaling best accomplished using Scrum?
Målgruppe for kurset:
Those who who will be Scrum Masters on a Scrum project, leaders, change agents, process owners, and anyone involved in helping the organization adopt Scrum.
The Professional Scrum Master course is primarily targeted at those responsible for the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum in a project or enterprise.
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
Understand the basics of project management.
Understand requirements and requirements decomposition.
Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product.
Read the Scrum Guide
Take the Scrum Open assessment and receive a score of 75% or more
Have read one of the Scrum books.
Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it in an organization.