Goal: How to explain the concepts of Master Data and Master Data Management. Where and how Master Data Management is used in organizations. Get an overview of the strategic importance of Master Data Management.
Be able to use key theories of Master Data Management on practical issues. Be able to analyze the need for Master Data Management within the organization and know the technique behind them.
• What is Master Data and what is Master Data Management
• The importance of strategy and vision for the Master Data Management initiative
• How to measure the business benefits of Master Data Management initiatives
• Organization and governance for success with Master Data Management
• Master Data Management processes
• Technology for effective Master Data Management
Most people in business are finding that poor data quality negatively affect their achievement of goals. Master Data Management (MDM) is about solving this challenge! Affecto has more than ten years of experience with Master Data Management and we have created a course that provides you with a better understanding of the different challenges you face with Master Data Management.
The top management requires correct master data to know:
• What choices should we take to reach the business vision and goals
• How to manage the business against targets set
• What are the requirements we set for our suppliers and business
The business people requires proper master data to know:
• Which data domains are in which business processes
• How to manage the information contained in multiple systems
• How to ensure that common information is used and is the same in all systems
IT need proper master data to know:
• How to integrate systems easier and better support business demands
• How to provide business solutions that improve data quality
• How to hand over the responsibility for the management of master data to the business side
Målgruppe for kurset
This course is aimed at you that is new in MDM and who is involved in influencing business results. Proper data quality in and handling of master data such as customers, products, employees, organizational structures and other areas of information across business units and processes enables efficient processes and better achievement.