This course teaches IT professionals how to plan, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 solution.
Students will learn how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging, conferencing, persistent chat, archiving, and monitoring.
Students will also learn how to manage, maintain, and troubleshoot issues in the infrastructure. This course focuses primarily on the on-premises deployment of Skype for Business, but does include information on how to integrate the on-premises deployment with Skype for Business Online as well as how to migrate from previous versions of Lync Server.
This course helps the student prepare for Exam 70-334: Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 .
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the architecture of Skype for Business 2015 and design a Skype for Business 2015 topology.
• Install and implement Skype for Business Server 2015.
• Administer and manage Skype for Business Server 2015 by using the various available tools.
• Design and implement clients and users in Skype for Business 2015.
• Implement conferencing in Skype for Business 2015.
• Design and implement additional conferencing options.
• Design and implement monitoring and archiving in Skype for Business 2015.
• Design and implement connectivity for external users and organizations.
• Design and implement Persistent Chat in Skype for Business 2015.
• Design and implement high availability in Skype for Business 2015.
• Design and implement disaster recovery scenarios for Skype for Business 2015.
• Design and deploy Skype for Business hybrid.
• Design and implement an upgrade from Lync to Skype for Business 2015.
Read complete course description: MS 20334: Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 .
Målgruppe for kurset
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for the Skype for Business deployment in their organizations. Experience with previous versions of Lync Server is beneficial but not required to take this course. Students should be proficient with Active Directory Domain Services, data networks, and telecommunications standards and components that support the configuration of Skype for Business. Students should also be familiar with Exchange Server and Office 365.
Also, IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-334A: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Communications certification will take this course as preparation material.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
• Minimum of two years of experience administering Windows Server, including Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
• Minimum of two years of experience working with Active Directory
• Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including DNS
• Experience working with certificates, including PKI certificates
• Experience working with Windows PowerShell
• Understanding of data networks and telecommunications standards and components
Eksamen / sertifisering
This course is recommended as preparation for Exam 70-334: Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 .
The new exams covering Skype for Business will be released late in 2015 or in early 2016. These two exams (70-333 and 70-334) will be incorporated in the MCSE: Communication credential. The new exams will replace Lync Exam 70-336 and Exam 70-337, which are scheduled to retire soon after the Skype for Business exams are released.