Connect2Classroom - ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training enables you to develop the competence to master the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework.
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course corresponds with the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
• Acknowledge the correlation between Information Security risk management and security controls.
• Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques that enable an effective risk management process according to ISO/IEC 27005.
• Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in Information Security Risk Management.
• Acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations in Information Security Risk Management best practices.
Day 1) Introduction to Information Security controls as recommended by ISO/IEC 27002:
• Course objectives and structure
• Concepts and definitions of risk
• Standard and regulatory framework
• Implementing a risk management programme
• Understanding the organization and its context
Day 2) Implementation of a risk management process based on ISO/IEC 27005:
• Risk identification
• Risk analysis and risk evaluation
• Risk assessment with a quantitative method
• Risk treatment
• Risk acceptance and residual risk management
• Information Security Risk Communication and Consultation
• Risk monitoring and review
Day 3) Overview of other Information Security risk assessment methods and Certification Exam:
• OCTAVE Method
• MEHARI Method
• EBIOS Method
• Harmonized Threat and Risk Assessment(TRA) Method
• Certification test
• Information Security risk managers
• Information Security team members
• Individuals responsible for Information Security, compliance, and risk within an organization.
• Individuals implementing ISO/IEC 27001, seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or involved in a risk management program.
• IT consultants
• IT professionals
• Information Security officers
• Privacy officers
• A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and comprehensive knowledge of Risk Assessment and Information Security.
• English course material, English speaking instructor
• Written exam
• Duration: 2 hour (+ 20 min extra time for non-native)
The exams are open book; candidates are only authorized to use the following reference materials:
• A copy of the standard (candidates need to bring their own copy of the standard).
• Course notes from the Participant Handout. (If applicable)
• Any personal notes made by the student during the course. (If applicable)
• A hard copy dictionary