Dimensional modeling technique for simplifying database designed for usability. Dimensional modeling is the foundation of all good analysis and reporting solutions. The course starts with an introduction to data warehousing, various concepts and methods.
Furthermore, we go into the data modeling, different techniques and concepts. The aim of the course is to give participants a basic understanding of the design, development and use of dimensional data models. We are going further into the requirement specifications, user experience and other factors that are relevant to creating viable solutions.
In addition, we are planning to talk about the prerequisites for success in the projects, and how to manage risk. Syllabus presented with the aim to demystify rather than scientific do. The course material is in English, but teaching in Swedish. Can be conducted in English on request.
• Dimensional Modeling - Basic Concepts
• The Development Process
• Bus Architecture
• Fact Tables
• Slowly Changing Dimensions
• More Modeling
• Further Development
• Loading Dimensional Models
• Common Modeling Mistakes to Avoid
• Requirements Specification - The Process
• Requirements Specification - Documentation
• Common Data Warehouse Mistakes to Avoid
Målgruppe for kurset
Both business-oriented participants and IT staff can attend the course to get a common ground to talk about data and the whole process around these so that the data warehouse becomes a common project.
• Basic knowledge of databases or project management is an advantage