Most people in business find that it is difficult to make decisions based on the large amount of information they have. Business Intelligence (BI) is about solving this challenge!
CGI has more than 15 years of experience in Business Intelligence and we have now created a course that gives you a better understanding of the different considerations you face in the field. Deep understanding of available business information for better development opportunities and can transform knowledge into action through good decision making. If employees are able to obtain the correct information, will they at all time have a clear picture of the current situation, and can thus make rapid adjustments internally according to changes in the market, efficiency and profitability.
Instruction consists of theory sections, which are discussed in plenary and followed by practical exercises which participants solve in small groups. The course material is in English, but teaching is in local language. Can be conducted in English on request.
• What is Business Intelligence (BI) and how to make use of it
• Business Intelligence Vs. Data Warehousing
• Basic data warehouse architecture
• Basic data integration
• Introduction to dimensional modeling
• Data quality. What is it and why is it important
• Metadata management
• Utilization of information
• Dashboards, standard and ad hoc reports
• OLAP - Cube technology
• How to get started
Målgruppe for kurset
This course is aimed at anyone who is new BI understand and are involved in influencing business results.
• None, or general knowledge of Windows user interface and interest in Business Intelligence.